VP Finance (Reporting to President). $100mm Food Distributor/Manufacturer, growing 80%/year for four years. San Francisco Bay Area. Are you up for a high-growth Challenge? Lead this award-winning and highly-regarded Natural and Organic super-food company as part of its executive team. Opportunity to be hands-on and strategic in a desirable work environment. Manage a team of seven across a range of topics, from capital structure, global supply chain, customer mix, and profitability planning to monthly reporting and daily cash management. Outstanding work culture and environment. Known far and wide as a significant brand in the natural and organic food space, you will lead them to the next major revenue milestone…and beyond.
VP, Finance (Reporting to President)
Natural and Organic Food Distributor and Manufacturer
Northern San Francisco Bay Area
The ideal candidate is an experienced Finance Leader with a positive attitude who will report to the CEO/President of this exciting company, support our mission to sustainably change the way the world eats, and lead a team of committed professionals.
“Changing the Way the World Eats…”
You will be on the executive team of a company that is dedicated to Sustainability, Purity, and Well-Being. Through global sourcing, local packaging, and strategically distributing nutrient-dense foods, using sustainable practices, our client is providing a healthy-food solution for people and planet. Our client tirelessly seeks pure and delicious foods that nourish our bodies and our planet. Sustainable Super-Foods…nourishing people and planet.
Be part of an organization that has become a $100mm leader in the natural and organic food business. In fact, they have grown five-fold over the last four years, and appeared on Inc. Magazine’s list of Fastest Growing companies each of those years.
Our client’s brand is trusted and respected in the Natural, Organic, Non-GMO world. Find their products in Whole Foods, Good Earth, Costco, Real Foods, Pharmaca, Mollie Stones, and online.
Our iconic Founder is invited to speak at conferences around the world, and has been championing these values for over 20 years. He brings Vision and Passion to the company, and has his sights set on becoming a $Billion business someday soon.
Responsibilities of the Position
You will lead us from $100 mm to $250mm in Sales, and help us build a sustainable organization in the process. Lead, Report, Solve, & Create.
The VP Finance will report to the company’s Founder/CEO and to the incoming President and will have day-to-day responsibility for managing the company’s management accounting; cash position and reporting requirements; supply chain vendor management; sales accounting, Inventory/COGS, FP&A, and IT systems. Lead budgeting, planning, corporate administration, and other typical CFO duties. This position will lead an accounting team, financial analyst, IT Manager, and other staff as required to run Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Sales Support, Administration, and IT.
As part of the executive team, provide solid financial guidance and counsel to your teammates. Interact with the Board of Directors, Financial Community, and the vendor world as appropriate.
You are comfortable handling critical accounting, reporting and budgeting processes.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the following key tasks:
- Oversee Planning, Budgeting and Financial Projections.
- Banking, Board, and Investor Relations.
- Monthly close of the G/L and financial statement preparation.
- Financial and Managerial Reporting to our shareholders and lenders.
- Oversee and manage the tax, treasury, capital, and cash management functions.
- Support the annual audit process, ERP upgrades, capital budgeting, and M&A activities.
In brief, the VP, Finance will guide our company through profitable expansion, finance our continued explosive growth, and lead our team to greater professional heights.
What About You? Your Professional Skills and Personality
You are an experienced, hands-on Accounting & Finance leader with a strong CPG background, with both big corporate and startup experience. High-growth experience preferred. Tact, diplomacy, flair for numbers, and nose for profits.
- Demonstrated engagement in making the world a better place through sustainable business practices, the promotion of a healthy lifestyle, and continuous improvement.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to negotiate effectively and to present complex information to a non-financial audience.
- Strong leadership skills, including self-confidence, integrity, sound judgment and decision-making, and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Strong analytical skills, including a deep understanding of complex financial concepts as well as the ability to pay attention to detail and understand the impact of financial trends.
- Strategic thinking skills, including a deep understanding of the business planning and strategy process as well as the ability to understand and predict the impact of industry trends and market forces.
- Lead a values-driven life.
Educational and Experience Requirements
- Formal training in finance and accounting functions; minimum of a BS/BA degree.
- CPA or MBA desirable.
- Experience in Consumer Products, preferably in Food or Beverage industry.
- Competitive compensation package to include base salary and bonus, Comprehensive benefits package, and opportunity for long-term incentives typical in high-growth companies.
Interested in Learning More? Contact Stanton Chase…
For more information on this position or to offer referrals, please contact:
Paul Herrerias, CPA (retired), MS-Human Resources
Managing Director, San Francisco and Silicon Valley offices
(415) 721-7001 x1
About Us: Who is Stanton Chase?
To provide you with an additional introduction to Stanton Chase, we are both a Top Ten global retained executive-search firm, and a Northern California boutique. We are a locally-owned search practice with regional and global reach, enjoying many partners in 75 offices in 42 countries. We have core strength in the Consumer Products, Technology, Financial Services, Non-Profit, and Professional Services industries. We work with many PE-sponsored companies. More information can be found at http://www.stantonchase.com/
Paul Herrerias’ background includes thirty years of executive search and recruiting for dynamic companies. Paul has also assisted in board placements, M&A deals, fundraising, and business team coaching, using his background and master’s degree in HR/Organization Development as well as his CPA license earned while on the audit staff of Deloitte. His bio and photo are found at http://www.stantonchase.com/office/executive-search-firm-in-san-francisco-united-states/