Here’s what’s new in our office and current and up and coming business trends to be aware of in the executive search field:
- The search business is up significantly over Q-4, with client optimism exceeding client caution, resulting in executive additions and changes. North America’s Industry trend was up 27% in 2010, 10% in 2011, and flat in 2012 so far. California was slower on the uptick, and is now experiencing its boomlet in hiring executives.
- More retained search services are being employed for higher-end positions…meanwhile social media and contingency search are creeping up into the lower-end of traditional retained search.
- Clients are demanding a mix of retained search and leadership expertise from their search consultants.
- Candidate assessment is becoming a hot topic. Services beyond traditional resume reviews and luncheon interviews are increasing in demand, such as formal assessment tools and candidate surveys, which our office has been using and pioneering for years.
- We are seeing searches across several industries, with Consumer Products, Professional Services, Technology, and PE-backed firms leading the way. Across America, the Industrial sector is the largest user of search services.
- We have added to our own team, with the hire of Samuel Dergel, CFO Search Consultant, Theresa Rohr, Senior Associate, and Ashlee Cabral, Executive Assistant, to better serve you. We are actively interviewing experienced search consultants, as well, and welcome your suggestions and recommendations.
- The SF office recently hosted two local events to support our C-Level contacts. One on “The War for Talent- 2012 Update” and the other on “You, Online- Managing your Digital Brand”. Details for both events are here on our blog.
Be sure to follow our blog and we will keep you informed of what the coming trends are in the executive search field as well as what is up and coming in the business world.