John Boyens, renown sales productivity expert, business strategist, and President of the Boyens Group, has invaluable insights to share about improving your sales performance and dominating your customer market.
6 Secrets to Dominating Your Market:
- Define Success…establish key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Know your Customers…segment your marketplace
- Know your Competition…establish competitive differentiation
- Document your Business’ “5 P’s” (the 5P’s are: 1) Positioning/Unique Value Proposition, 2) Product/Service, 3) Placement in Your Market Space, 4) Price, and 5) Promotion/How You Go To Market)
- Establish your Go-to-Market Strategy…including a written sales and marketing plan
- Leverage Social Media…establish your virtual business strategy (VBS)
Too many business executives spend most of their time running their business rather than focusing on growing their business…in other words, working “in” versus “on” their business…being tactical versus strategic. So what can you do to become more strategic? Here are some best practices from successful business executives to consider:
- Do one thing to increase your company’s visibility right away (e.g., social media)
- Identify one person or company who could immediately and positively impact revenue
- Identify one mundane, time-consuming task that you could delegate or outsource
- Defer something you’re working on, that really isn’t necessary to be done now
- Better leverage technology
- Facilitate customer feedback to validate/invalidate the marketplace perceptions of your company
- Ensure that your marketing messaging is consistent across all channels (i.e., website, social media, collateral material, pitch deck, sales presentations, trade show booth and advertising).
For more helpful articles on John’s “5 P’s” of all successful business strategies, what to include in a sales and marketing plan, how to create a unique value proposition (UVP), as well as proven social media tips designed to grow revenues quickly, you may refer to John’s website at www.boyens.com.
And a few thoughts from John, in closing:
- Market domination is a result of positioning
- Positioning is a result of being UNIQUE
- Being unique means you can charge more… and get it!
Wishing you improved sales performance and success in dominating your market!